2021 PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Proposals including a fully completed application are to be labeled as indicated below and successfully delivered by mail or electronically to the following address prior to the proposal submission deadline:
“Vermont Standard-Offer Program RFP: Proposal”
U.S. Mail Address:
P.O. Box 1938
Manchester Center, VT 05255
Courier Address (FedEx, UPS, Etc.):
3452 Richville Road, Unit 1938
Manchester Center, VT 05255
For technical support with electronic proposal uploads (before proposal submission deadline) contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 RFP SCHEDULE
- Release of RFP – May 24, 2021
- Deadline for Questions on RFP – June 23, 2021
- Final Responses to Questions – June 30, 2021
- Proposal Submission Deadline – July 21, 2021
- Proposal Opening – July 23, 2021
- Announcement of Award Group – TBD
2021 TECHNOLOGY- SPECIFIC PRICE CAPS
The following will serve as price caps for the 2021 RFP:
- Biomass – $0.125 per kWh (levelized over 20 years)
- Landfill Gas – $0.090 per kWh (levelized over 15 years)
- Wind > 100 kW – $0.116 per kWh (fixed for 20 years)
- Wind ≤ 100 kW – $0.258 per kWh (fixed for 20 years)
- New Hydroelectric – $0.130 per kWh (fixed for 20 years)
- Food Waste Anaerobic Digestion – $0.208 per kWh (fixed for 20 years)
- Solar – $0.104 per kWh (fixed for 25 years)
2021 CAPACITY ALLOCATION
- Price-Competitive Developer Block – 3.423 MW
- Technology Diversity Developer Block
- Biomass – 1.2994 MW
- Small Wind – 1.2994 MW
- Large Wind – 1.2994 MW
- Food Waste Anaerobic Digestion – 1.2994 MW
- New Hydroelectric – 1.2994 MW
PROVIDER BLOCK – FOR UTILITY USE ONLY
- All Provider Projects – 2.480 MW
DPS COST TEMPLATE
This template is intended only as a resource to assist with proposal price determination. DO NOT submit template with proposal. View DPS Cost Template.
Developers are encouraged to contact their interconnecting utility to discuss interconnection requirements prior to submitting bids.
Please note that if a proposed project is located in the SHEI, proponents are encouraged to contact the interconnecting utility, as transmission constraints may impact the viability of the project. For further information refer to the 2021 State of Vermont Standard Offer Program Request for Proposals Section 2.7.
Green Mountain Power provides a detailed solar map showing the DG circuit capacity per substation nameplate rating.
Producer may be responsible for arranging for any transmission services required under the terms of the Interconnecting Utility’s duly approved transmission tariff, if any. View additional information.
PUC RFP ORDERS
- 4/26/21 20-2935 Investigation to review the 2021 implementation of the standard-offer program
- 4/5/21 20-2935 DPS Reply to ALLEARTH Comment
- 4/1/21 20-2935 ALLEARTH Renewables Comment on PFD
- 3/22/21 20-2935 Proposal for Decision 2021 Standard Offer Program
- 3/16/21 21-1090 Order 2021 Standard Offer For Existing Hydro Plants
- 1/21/21 20-2935 ALLCO DPS Excel Solar Model
- 1/21/21 20-2935 ALLCO COMMENTS
- 1/14/21 20-2935 DPS Supplement to its Comments
- 12/21/20 20-2935 Procedural Order and Revised Schedule
- 12/11/20 20-2935 GMP Comments
- 12/11/20 20-2935 DPS Comments on Avoided Price Caps
- 12/11/20 20-2935 DPS Comments on Avoided Price Caps Attachment A
- 12/11/20 20-2935 Allco Renewable Energy Ltd. Comments
- 11/23/20 20-2935 Workshop Scheduled for Investigation to review the 2021 implementation of the standard-offer program
- 10/23/20 20-2935 Investigation to review the 2021 implementation of the standard-offer program
All comments and questions regarding this RFP should be communicated via the RFP Q & A page.
Additional information can be found at the Vermont Public Utility Commission Standard Offer Program webpage and by using the PUC search function for Case No. 20-2935-INV.
**Disclaimer: If any of the information on this website conflicts with any Public Utility Commission Order or Vermont Statute, the Public Utility Commission Order and/or Vermont Statute will control.