- 10/29/20 – 19-4466 Order Denying Motions for Reconsideration
- 9/17/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer RFP Award Group issued by Public Utility Commission. No action will be taken until the end of the 28-day period for reconsideration.
- 9/01/2020 – Motion to Stay 2020 RFP Denied by Vermont Supreme Court
- 7/31/2020 – Procedural Order Request for Comments on 2020 Standard Offer RFP
- 7/21/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer RFP Recommendation Letter
- 7/08/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer RFP Bid Summary
- 7/08/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer RFP Proposals Part 1 of 2
- 7/08/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer RFP Proposals Part 2 of 2
- 7/06/2020 – Proposal opening at 2:00 PM. Link to view: https://www.facebook.com/111788247259251/live/>
- 4/08/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer RFP – UPDATED 4/8/20
- 4/08/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer Program RFP Submission Deadline Extension Order
- 3/04/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer Program RFP Order
2020 PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
In light of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we encourage use of the Post Office Box mail address and ask that proponents adhere to the following delivery guidelines:
- No in-person or by hand deliveries. Post Office Box mailing and shipping carriers addresses are provided below.
- Send as “NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED” deliveries. Please note that if you fail to waive the signature requirement, your delivery could be delayed or undelivered.
Proposals along with a completed Application and Appendices are to be labeled as indicated below and delivered to the following address, prior to the proposal submission deadline:
Vermont Standard-Offer Program RFP: Proposal
P.O. Box 1938
Manchester Center, VT 05255
FedEx, UPS and Similar Address:
3452 Richville Road, Unit 1938
Manchester Center, VT 05255
2020 RFP SCHEDULE
- Release of RFP – March 13, 2020
- Deadline for Questions on RFP – April 16, 2020
- Final Responses to Questions – April 23, 2020
- Proposal Submission Deadline – July 1, 2020, 4:30 PM ET*
- Proposal Opening – July 6, 2020*
- Announcement of Award Group – TBD*
*Dates updated. See Public Utility Commission Case No. 19-4466, Order of 4/8/2020.
2020 AVOIDED-COSTS PRICE CAPS
The following avoided-costs will serve as price caps for the 2020 RFP:
- Biomass – $0.125 per kWh (levelized over 20 years)
- Landfill Gas – $0.090 per kWh (levelized over 15 years)
- Wind > 100 kW – $0.116 per kWh (fixed for 20 years)
- Wind ≤ 100 kW – $0.258 per kWh (fixed for 20 years)
- New Hydroelectric – $0.130 per kWh (fixed for 20 years)
- Food Waste Anaerobic Digestion – $0.208 per kWh (fixed for 20 years)
- Solar – $0.130 per kWh (fixed for 25 years)
2020 CAPACITY ALLOCATION
- Price-Competitive Developer Block – 4.810 MW
- Technology Diversity Developer Block
- Biomass – 1.8258 MW
- Small Wind – 1.8258 MW
- Large Wind – 1.8258 MW
- Food Waste Anaerobic Digestion – 1.8258 MW
- New Hydroelectric – 1.8258 MW
PROVIDER BLOCK – FOR UTILITY USE ONLY
- All Provider Projects – 3.485 MW
DPS COST TEMPLATE
This template is intended only as a resource to assist with proposal price determination. DO NOT submit template with proposal. View DPS Cost Template.
Developers are encouraged to contact their interconnecting utility to discuss interconnection requirements prior to submitting bids.
Green Mountain Power provides a detailed solar map showing the DG circuit capacity per substation nameplate rating.
Producer may be responsible for arranging for any transmission services required under the terms of the Interconnecting Utility’s duly approved transmission tariff, if any. View additional information.
2020 RFP PUC ORDERS
6/11/2020 –20-1481 Revised Accounting Standard for Provider Block Projects
4/8/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer Program RFP Submission Extension Deadline Order
3/4/2020 – 2020 Standard Offer Program RFP Order
All comments and questions regarding this RFP should be communicated via the RFP Q & A page.
Additional information can be found at the Vermont Public Utility Commission Standard Offer Program webpage and by using the PUC search function for Case No. 19-4466-INV.
**Disclaimer: If any of the information on this website conflicts with any Public Utility Commission Order or Vermont Statute, the Public Utility Commission Order and/or Vermont Statute will control.